Since I shared some important lessons from Mom on Mother’s Day, I thought today I would share some important lessons from Dad today.
- How to swear without swearing. My dad is the only person I’ve ever heard yell ‘Godblessit!’ upon stubbing a toe.
- It is possible to eat the same lunch every day for decades and not get bored (though I would like to point out that raisins do not, in any universe, qualify as dessert).
- You are great just the way you are, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to be your best.
- Grilled cheese tastes best when made with at least a quarter stick of butter (I probably would have figured this one out on my own, but I appreciate the head start!).
- It’s nice to be important, but it’s important to be nice. More importantly, people will almost certainly think you’re nice if you think they’re important!
- Sometimes, the right answer is “Bite me.”